City Councilors works diligently to make Wilsonville a comfortable and safe community to live in. This past year, the Council reached out to citizens, promoted economic growth, and emphasized the city’s desire to protect and preserve the environment and community. During these challenging economic times, City Councilors made it a priority to give assistance to families in any way possible and intensified efforts to bring more business and jobs to the community. Meet your Council
and learn more about each one of them.
Council Goals for 2011-12
A. Enhance Livability and Safety in Wilsonville.
- School Resource Officer
- Policy for Community Events
- Programming for the Stein Barn
- Concessions in Parks and Ball Fields
- Commence and make substantial progress on feasibility of a Recreation Center
- Revisit Skate Park Siting
B. Ensure Efficient, Cost-Effective and Sustainable Development and Infrastructure.
- Wastewater treatment plant
- Water agreements with Sherwood
- Partnership with Tualatin on Basalt Creek Concept Planning
- Stormwater Master Plan
- Transportation Master Plan
C. Ensure that Constituents Receive High Quality, Timely and Efficient Products, Processes, and Services.
- Constituent response and reporting system
- Client/Customer service initiative to exceed our customer's expectations and ensure continuous improvement
- Streamline processes and procedures
D. Develop, Adopt and Begin Implementation of a Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy.
- Create a city-wide economic development plan
- Industrial, employment and future lands (including Coffee Creek)
E. Improve City Communications and Actively Engage with Our Community and the Broader Public.
- Overall communication strategy
- Communication plans for each major project (develop framework)
- Explore options for customer service survey
F. Practice Fiscal Discipline to Maintain or Improve City's Bond Rating
- Adopt financial policy statements
- Asset management and potential property dispositions
- Fleet//SMART Building financing
- Reduce debt load
- Incorporate entrepreneurial practices wherever possible