Wilsonville Festival of Arts
6/2/2012 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
The 13th annual Wilsonville Festival of Arts is a two-day celebration of visual, literary and performing arts and culture held on Saturday, June 2, 10 am – 6 pm, and on Sunday, June 3, 10 am – 5 pm. The event is free, although a donation is requested.
The Wilsonville Festival of Arts is organized and produced by the nonprofit Wilsonville Arts & Culture Council in partnership with Wilsonville public schools and local government and businesses.
The Wilsonville Festival of Arts even features:
- Saturday Music-Act Headliner — rock violinist Aaron Meyer at 4 pm
- Sunday Music-Act Headliner — BugToast, a popular local group at 2 pm
- Silent Art Auction: Sat, June 2, 10 am – 2 pm in the Wilsonville Chamber of Commerce/Visitor Center in Town Center Park. The auction includes a Flying-V guitar, signed by members of the rock group KISS, and two gift certificates for the Youth Music Project's Summer Camps (valued at $350 each); for more information about YMP's Summer Camps, please visit www.YouthMusicProject.org.
- Student Art Pavilion, held in a large circus tent on both days, showcases artwork from students of the West Linn-Wilsonville School District
- Juried Visual Art displays that are available for sale.
- Literary Art booths featuring authors book sales and signing.
- Live music, dance, and puppetry at (noon) on the Main Stage. A variety of performances including school and community music groups both days to celebrate arts and artists.
- Sunday “Short Film” screenings, 12 – 4 pm
- Tour of Public Art Sculptures: Saturday by SMART trolley bus; Sunday by group bicycle ride, 10 am – 12 pm.
For more information, see Wilsonville Arts & Culture Council website.