Tourism Promotion Committee
About the Committee
The Tourism Promotion Committee has three primary areas of responsibility:
- The Committee oversees implementation of the “Visit Wilsonville” Tourism Development Strategy and is charged specifically to develop a larger Five-Year Action Plan and annual One-Year Implementation Plans for fulfilling the Tourism Development Strategy, to be presented and recommended to City Council for approval.
- The Committee makes recommendations to the City Council for tourism- and visitor-related marketing, promotions, expenditures and related programs and services that will result in increased tourism activity, as measured by overnight room stays at local lodging properties.
- The Committee makes recommendations to City Council concerning the selection and disbursement of the annual Tourism Grant Programs operated by the City, including the Community Tourism Matching Grant Program and the Clackamas County Tourism Community Partnership Grant Program.
The Tourism Promotion Committee consists of 12 members total, including seven voting members drawn from the hospitality and tourism industry in the greater Wilsonville area and five ex-officio, advisory members composed of tourism professionals and key City officials. The seven voting members are:
- Jeff Brown, General Manager of Holiday Inn Wilsonville and member of the Tourism Development Strategy Task Force.
- Darren Harmon, General Manager of Family Fun Center and member of Tourism Development Strategy Task Force.
- Al Levit, a retired resident and former Commissioner on the Wilsonville Planning Commission.
- David Stead, General Manager of Langdon Farms Golf Club and member of the Tourism Development Strategy Task Force.
- Brandon Roben, Executive Director, Evergreen Aviation & Space Museum, McMinnville.
- Dave Pearson, Executive Director, World of Speed Motorsports Museum.
The five ex-officio, advisory members are:
- Clackamas County Tourism and Cultural Affairs:
• Danielle Cowan, Director (or designee)
• Jim Austin, Community Relations Lead
• Samara Phelps, Tourism Development Lead
- Washington County Visitors Association
• Carolyn McCormick President/CEO (or designee)
• Sylke Neal-Finnegan, Vice President of Marketing & Communications
- Wilsonville Area Chamber of Commerce
• Kevin Ferrasci O'Malley, CEO (or designee)
- City Parks and Recreation Director or designee:
• Mike McCarty, Parks & Recreation Director (or designee)
• Brian Stevenson, Parks & Recreation Coordinator
- City Councilor: Charlotte Lehan
The City is Accepting Applications for the Committee
Persons interested in serving on the Tourism Promotion Committee may pick up an application from Kimberly Veliz, City Recorder, at City Hall, 29799 SW Town Center Loop in Wilsonville, or may obtain an application online.
For more information contact Kimberly Veliz, City Recorder, at 503-570-1506; email@example.com.